Dermal fillers are very effective in both men and women, filling depressions on the face, hands and body. Injectable fillers are the perfect way to enhance your facial features, because they can help to fill hollows, plump up thin lips, soften folds and wrinkles on the face and improve scars and other facial defects.
Fillers can help to fill out smokers lines around the lips, the nasolabial lines that run from the nose to the corners of the mouth, smile lines, crows feet and forehead furrows. Fillers are also ideal to add volume to sunken cheeks and weak chins, as well as reshaping the tip of the nose, and filling out deeper acne scars.
The ageing process begins when we are about 25 and over the next decade:
- Skin cell turnover slows down and dead cells remain on the skin creating a dull appearance
- Early wrinkles can begin to appear around the eyes
- The lines from the nose to mouth become more prominent
- The jaw line begins to soften
From age 35 to 45
- Lines and wrinkles will deepen, and frown lines can give your face an angry look
- Your skin type may change, from oily to dry or vice versa
- Pigmentation changes on your skin
From age 45 onwards
- In menopause, oestrogen levels decrease, causing collagen to deplete
- Volume loss causes sunken cheeks
- The skin can become dry and dehydrated
- Pigmentation will become more visible
- The face begins to drop and sag
- The jaw area loses definition
Getting wrinkles and creases on the face is part of the ageing process, and they begin to appear as the collagen and elastin fibres break down, but they can also result from excessive frowning, smiling or squinting.
Dynamic are when lines, wrinkles and other signs of ageing occur on the face when it’s in motion. They’re also called expression lines; laughter lines, frown lines and bunny lines, which are harmless at a younger age but will often contribute to where the deeper set wrinkles and folds will remain in later life.
Static lines are noticeable wrinkles, lines, sagging and folds which are present on the resting face; sagging jaw line, nasal folds, sunken cheeks and horizontal forehead lines. These lines, if left untreated, will stay on the face and will progressively worsen.
Dermal Fillers are a temporary solution, as the hyaluronic acid in the fillers is naturally degradable, and is naturally broken down and eventually absorbed by the body. Fillers are effective at restoring hydration to the skin, smoothing lines and wrinkles and can also restore and enhance the facial shape. The fillers last around 9 to 12 months, although this may vary from person to person, depending on their lifestyle and which part of the face gets injected.