We are all different and we will all age in different ways. Some of us, if we are lucky, will grow old having firm, clear skin with a minimal of wrinkles, however, many of us won’t. Over the years, we have lots of concerns about our skin’s condition, and stress, worry, sun damage and even genetics, all play their part in how we’ll look when we grow old.
We all know that as we get older everything can start to go steadily downhill and this means that our skin will eventually start to show its age, with fine lines and wrinkles beginning to appear. The skin becomes dull and our skin might lose elasticity, as our bodies no longer makes collagen at the same levels it used to. Luckily, these days we can actually do a lot to repair the outer damage, and give us back our healthy looking complexion.
The skin’s outer layers begin to show wear and tear:
- Ageing, in the form of wrinkles and fine lines
- Thinner skin
- Acne scars
- Liver and sun spots
- Dry skin
- Sun damage
- Age spots & freckles
- Spider and thread veins
- Redness; rosacea
- Texture problems
We all have to deal with the changes that come with ageing. The truth is, that whether we like it or not, as time goes by our skin will look different. We would all like to have smooth, clear and even skin and thankfully there are different treatments that we can use to treat the skin to keep its natural beauty, whether it’s dull or damaged skin, wrinkles, freckles or pigmentation, there is a treatment to help restore a more youthful, clear complexion.
Cosmetic clinics have a number of treatments to repair the damaged outer layers of the skin:
- Laser skin resurfacing using a Smartxide Co2 fractional laser
- Chemical peels
- Radio frequency skin tightening
Skin resurfacing treatments work by removing the damaged outer layers, and revealing healthier, smoother skin in its place. Lots of the treatments can easily be used on the hands and body, as well as on the face, and these non-surgical treatments usually involve little, or no downtime after the treatment.
Skin treatment benefits include:
- Revitalising the skin by stimulating collagen and elastin formation
- They are an ideal treatment for open pores, and will help to tighten and freshen the skin
- Treatments give immediate results, even after just one treatment
- The treatments allow deeper exfoliation of blemished skin
- A fresher looking appearance after a number of treatments
- Minimal downtime, allowing a return to normal activities immediately